Monday, January 4, 2016

2016 and the challenge to read the Book of Mormon

Hello!

Happy new year!!!
This has been a great year for me and I want to say thank you to everyone for helping me get to this point where I am today. I’m eternally grateful for everything and for your love and support! I also want to thank everyone for the Christmas letters! Everything I got was so awesome and it really helped me feel loved! So thank you!

I took a lot of pictures again this week! So I won’t write as much because sending pictures takes a bunch of time.... but anyway, my week went pretty good. New Year’s was awesome! We went to eat with the familia Chavez again (I took pictures so wait for that), then we went to the other Elder’s pension. They can see 9 de Julio (the huge street in Buenos Aires, like Times Square) from their apartment so we went and took a bunch of pictures! There was a lot of fireworks but honestly I thought there was going to be more. But the parties, there were a ton! Everyone was sleeping or drinking the first 2 days of the New Year, but we were safe, we had a great time.
Oh and next week is transfers, so I’m gonna write on Tuesday. And I’m pretty sure I’m gonna leave the area... which sucks because I love this ward and all the members! But we are pretty sure my companion is gonna train someone so that means I’ll definitely go.... so yeah.

[Our Sunday] was good, not many people were in our ward right now. Because of the holidays everyone goes out travelling so there were lots of people missing.
We are finding people finally, we found a family this week, the familia Amarillo, and they are progressing well, we also have a couple possibilities in women names Viviana, Eli, and Carmen. So pray for them, that would help a ton. Thank you!

As a mission we started reading the book of Mormon on the 1st of January. We are reading 7 pages a day so we can finish it by April, which is General Conference. How the English Book of Mormon is smaller it’s probably 6 pages a day but I wanna invite everyone to read the Book of Mormon with us before Conference! We know you will be blessed in your life and so will your family if we do something as simple as reading the scriptures for 10ish minutes every day! Thank you!
We had entrevistas with president. That really helped and I learned a lot from going there and talking to him. Something he said that really stood out to me was, "in your life you gotta work harder than everyone else. Because when you work harder than everyone else you will open up opportunities for yourself and your family that others can only dream of." that to me was really powerful. Because it’s totally true, out here on the mission and in life. Our president also focuses a lot on family which I really love!

Thank you so much and have a great week!
Love you,

Elder Ayres
Pics 1 and 2 – These are pictures of the plaza Italia! It’s this huge park in the middle of Buenos Aires that we went to last Monday and it was so awesome!



Pics 3 aqnd 4 - are pictures of this huge dome thing in the park.



Pics 5 and 6 - Me with some people in the zone, then the other is the picture of this John F Kennedy street! In the back is the US Consulate I think.



Pics 7 and 8 - This is a picture of the mission! I'm in area 19 right now in the bottom right! The others are the pictures of the villa 31! I took my camera into the huge villa and I got some awesome pictures out of it!



Pics 9, 10, 11, 12 - More pictures of the Villa 31.





Pics 13 and 14 - Villa 31 and the second one is a picture of the entrance at night time.



Pic 15 - This picture is a picture of my weekly planning! It's crazy I know but it's awesome! I came up with it myself! :) so hopefully now you can know that I'm working out here and not just having fun! ;)



I have more but I have to go right now! Sorry! I'll send like a ton of pictures next week cause I want to take pictures of my villa too! have a great week!

Translation Portuguese

Olá!

Feliz Ano Novo !!!


Este tem sido um grande ano para mim e eu quero agradecer a todos por terem me ajudado a chegar a este ponto onde estou hoje. Eu sou eternamente grato por tudo e por seu amor e apoio! Eu também quero agradecer a todos pelas cartas de Natal! Tudo o que eu recebi foi tão incrível e realmente me ajudou a sentirse amado! Por isso, obrigado!

Eu tenho um monte de fotos novamente esta semana! Então eu não vou escrever tanto porque o envio de imagens leva bastante tempo .... mas de qualquer maneira, a minha semana foi muito boa. O Ano Novo foi incrível! Fomos comer com a familia Chavez novamente (eu tirei fotos assim espere por isso), então fomos para a outra pensão dos outros elderes. Eles podem ver a 9 de Julio (a enorme rua de Buenos Aires, como a Times Square em Nova Iorque) a partir de seu apartamento, então fomos e tiramos um monte de fotos! Havia um monte de fogos de artifício, mas sinceramente eu pensei que teríamos mais. Mas as festas, havia uma tonelada! Todo mundo estava dormindo ou bebendo nos 2 primeiros dias do Ano Novo, mas estávamos seguros, nós tivemos um grande momento.


Oh e na próxima semana é transferências, então eu vou escrever na terça-feira. E eu tenho certeza que eu vou deixar a área ... e é chato porque eu amo essa ala e todos os membros! Mas temos certeza que meu companheiro precisará treinar alguém o que significa que eu vou definitivamente [ser transferido] .... então sim.


[Nosso domingo]  foi bom, muitas pessoas não estavam em nossa Ala agora. Por causa das férias todos viajaram assim havia muitas pessoas faltando.


Estamos encontrando mais pessoas finalmente, encontramos uma família esta semana, a familia Amarillo, e eles estão progredindo bem, temos também algumas possibilidades com algumas mulheres, de nomes Viviana, Eli, e Carmen. Então ore por eles, que irá ajudar bastante. Obrigado!Como [meta da] missão, começamos a ler o Livro de Mórmon no dia 1º de janeiro. Estamos lendo 7 páginas por dia, para que possamos terminá-lo até abril, que é Conferência Geral. Como o Livro de Mórmon  en inglês é menor do que [o em Espanhol], [leia] provavelmente, 6 páginas por dia, mas eu quero convidar a todos a ler o Livro de Mórmon com a gente antes da Conferência! Sabemos que serão abençoados em sua vida e assim sua família se fizerem algo tão simples como ler as escrituras por aproximadamente 10 minutos todos os dias! Obrigado!


Tivemos entrevistas com o presidente. Isso ajudou muito e eu aprendi muito de ir lá e falar com ele. Algo que ele disse que realmente se destacou para mim foi, "em sua vida você tem que trabalhar mais duro do que todos os outros. Porque quando você trabalhar mais do que todos os outros, você abrirá oportunidades para você e sua família que os outros podem apenas sonhar." Para mim isso foi realmente poderoso. Porque é totalmente verdade, aqui na missão e na vida. Nosso presidente também se concentra muito na família e eu realmente amo!


Muito obrigado e tenha uma ótima semana!


Amo vocês, Elder Ayres


Fotos 1 e 2 - Estas são imagens da praça Italia! É este enorme parque no meio de Buenos Aires que nós fomos a segunda-feira passada e foi tão incrível!


Fotos 3 e 4 - São fotos de essa coisa enorme abóbada no parquet.


Fotos 5 e 6 - Eu com algumas pessoas da zona, em seguida, o outro é a imagem desta rua John F Kennedy! Na parte de trás é o Consulado dos Estados Unidos, eu acho.


Fotos 7 e 8 - Este é um retrato da  área da missão! Estou na área 19 agora no canto inferior direito! Os outros são as fotos da villa 31! Eu levei a minha câmera nessa Villa enorme e eu tenho algumas fotos impressionantes de fora dela!


Fotos 9, 10, 11, 12 - Mais fotos da Villa 31.


Fotos 13 e 14 - Vila 31 e a segunda é um retrato de entrada quando é à noite.


Foto 15 - Esta imagem é uma imagem de meu planejamento semanal! É uma loucura, mas eu sei que isso é incrível! Eu vmesmo bolei e planejei! :) Por isso espero que agora vocês saibam que eu estou trabalhando aqui e não apenas me divertindo! ;)


Eu tenho mais, mas eu tenho que ir agora mesmo! Desculpa! Vou mandar tipo uma tonelada de imagens na próxima semana porque eu quero tirar fotos da minha villa também! Tenha uma ótima semana!

No comments:

Post a Comment