Monday, March 6, 2017

Faith brings miracles


Faith! So this week I came across a scripture that is in Doctrine and Covenants 67:1-3, 10. It says: 

1 Behold and hearken, O ye elders of my church, who have assembled yourselves together, whose prayers I have heard, and whose hearts I know, and whose desires have come up before me.

 2 Behold and lo, mine eyes are upon you, and the heavens and the earth are in mine hands, and the riches of eternity are mine to give.

 3 Ye endeavored to believe that ye should receive the blessing which was offered unto you; but behold, verily I say unto you there were fears in your hearts, and verily this is the reason that ye did not receive.

 10 And again, verily I say unto you that it is your privilege, and a promise I give unto you that have been ordained unto this ministry, that inasmuch as you strip yourselves from jealousies and fears, and humble yourselves before me, for ye are not sufficiently humble, the veil shall be rent and you shall see me and know that I am—not with the carnal neither natural mind, but with the spiritual.”

This scripture was exactly what I needed, because it talks about how I did not receive the answers to my prayers because I had fear. It is true, because I did not really believe miracles could come from the people we were working with. However, the more I worked on my faith this week the more miracles we have found.

This was a very tough workweek. We unfortunately had to leave almost everyone we had because they were not progressing. And from our faith, we were blessed last Sunday! We have three people progressing towards baptism! And we have other possibilities too! The Lord is blessing us a lot. We have really seen the fruits of our labor this week. Now we need to keep working more and more to receive more fruit.

Pablo was a great miracle we had this week! Pablo is a 13-year-old boy who did not want anything to do with us before. He is the son of a less active family. This week we passed by and ended up giving him a Book of Mormon, and the next day we passed by again and his parents told us how they have desires to come back to church! Great blessings! Pablo came with us to play soccer with the young men in mutual this week and he loved it, and when he came to church last Sunday, we could already tell he has friends here, but the best part is that when church ended he came up to us and told us, "Thanks for inviting me. I really loved it and I want to come back!". He left church with a huge smile! I thank the Lord for every opportunity he gives us, and I’m thankful for the Spirit that helps me out in every aspect of my day.

I’m pretty happy that it’s starting to cool down here, because it was getting too hot.

Thank you for everything! Have a great week!

Love, Elder Ayres

I only have one picture this week, and I think I already sent one like it before but this is one of my best friends, Elder Dote from Chile! He is going home in 2 weeks and I’m really going to miss him! He taught me a lot and I’m glad to have met him!




(This is a picture we received from a member in Argentina this week, when Elder Ayres was making divisions with an Elder from another area, and they stopped by.)



Translation to Portuguese

Top of FormA fé traz milagres

Fé! Então, esta semana, deparei-me com uma escritura que está em Doutrina e Convênios 67: 1-3, 10. Ela diz:


1 Eis aqui, escutai, ó élderes da minha igreja que vos reunistes, cujas orações ouvi e cujo coração conheço e cujos desejos subiram a mim.

 2 Olhai! Meus olhos estão sobre vós e os céus e a Terra estão em minhas mãos; e as riquezas da eternidade são minhas e posso dá-las.

 3 Esforçastes-vos para crer que receberíeis a bênção que vos fora oferecida; mas eis que em verdade vos digo que havia temores em vosso coração e, em verdade, esta é a razão por que não a recebestes.

10 E também em verdade vos digo que é vosso privilégio e uma promessa faço a vós que fostes ordenados para este ministério que, se vos despirdes de invejas e temores e vos humilhardes perante mim, pois não sois suficientemente humildes, o véu será rompido e ver-me-eis e sabereis que eu sou — não com a mente carnal nem natural, mas com a espiritual.”

Esta escritura era exatamente o que eu precisava, porque fala sobre como eu não recebi as respostas às minhas orações porque eu tinha medo. É verdade, porque eu realmente não acreditava que os milagres pudessem vir das pessoas com quem trabalhávamos. No entanto, quanto mais eu trabalhei em minha fé nesta semana, mais milagres encontramos.

Esta foi uma semana de trabalho muito difícil. Nós tivemos infelizmente que deixar quase todos os investigadores que tinhamos porque não estavam progredindo. Mas por causa de nossa fé, fomos abençoados no domingo passado! Temos três pessoas progredindo para o batismo! E temos outras possibilidades também! O Senhor está nos abençoando bastante. Nós realmente vimos os frutos do nosso trabalho esta semana. Agora precisamos continuar trabalhando mais e mais para receber mais frutos.

Pablo foi um grande milagre que tivemos esta semana! Pablo é um garoto de 13 anos que não queria nada conosco antes. Ele é filho de uma família menos ativa. Esta semana passamos em sua casa e acabamos dando-lhe um Livro de Mórmon, e no dia seguinte passamos novamente e seus pais nos disseram como eles têm desejos de voltar à igreja! Grandes bênçãos! Pablo veio conosco jogar futebol com os jovens na Mutual esta semana e ele adorou, e quando ele veio à igreja no domingo passado, já poderíamos dizer que ele tem amigos aqui, mas a melhor parte é que quando a igreja terminou ele veio até nós e nos disse, "Obrigado por me convidar. Eu realmente adorei e eu quero voltar!". Ele deixou a igreja com um sorriso enorme! Agradeço ao Senhor por cada oportunidade que ele nos dá, e eu sou grato pelo Espírito que me ajuda em todos os aspectos do meu dia.

Estou muito feliz por estar começando a esfriar aqui, porque estava ficando muito quente.

Obrigado por tudo! Tenha uma ótima semana!

Com amor, Élder Ayres

Eu só tenho uma foto esta semana, e eu acho que já enviei uma como esta antes, mas este é um dos meus melhores amigos, Elder Dote do Chile! Ele vai para casa em 2 semanas e eu realmente vou sentir falta dele! Ele me ensinou muito e estou feliz por te-lo conhecido!

(Esta outra foto foi enviada por uma família de membros na Argentina esta semana quando Elder Ayres e outro missionário com o qual fazia divisões parou um pouco na casa deles.)


No comments:

Post a Comment