Monday, October 24, 2016

Spread the word



I hope everyone has had a great week! This week I’ve gone completely out of my comfort zone. I’m talking to everyone. I feel like I need to talk to everyone. That’s why I called this spread the word, because I know we just need to invite everyone. Every time I’m not doing anything I just start talking to people on the bus, while walking, while we are talking to someone. I just leave my companion sometimes and go talk to someone else. It’s been great. I love it, it just makes me super tired but that’s good! jaja :D I’ve also noticed that the general authorities are starting to talk about sharing the gospel, missionary work and using the Book of Mormon more and more now. I’ve seen in my mission that honestly just an invitation helps people come unto Christ. It’s great what one little invitation can do. I want to share a great scripture with everyone! It’s Romans 1:16:

“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.”

My companion and I have seen miracles from talking and inviting everyone! I know this gospel will bless every single person in the world! They just have to choose to accept it or not, and we don’t know if they will until we invite them.

I had an interview with President Smith this week and it went really well, I really needed it! Now I just want to go to the temple again. It was really good, he is happy with what we are doing and just wants us to keep working. Me and my companion have seen miracles through the Book of Mormon and we want to see more and more every day! So we are working as hard as we can.

Our current investigators are Marisol, Thomas, Cynthia, Maira, and Dulce. Some have been progressing well, some need more time, and some we might have to drop, but I pray that every single one of them will keep progressing in the Gospel. Me and my companion also had a huge miracle that happened this week! We found a family of 9 people who want to learn the gospel. Well, at least we already know that a couple of them do! The mom is called Zully, and the way we met her was a miracle itself. We met her oldest son, Jose, who is 19 years old, in the bus one day as we were proselyting. He wanted a Book of Mormon so we took his directions while we were at it too. We pass by his house and he isn’t home but his mom is. She talks about how he was reading the Book the other day for hours and he really likes it. Then she told us that she met the missionaries 10 years ago here in Del Viso while the chapel here was just a rented house! She said she went to church and almost got baptized but she moved and lost contact with the missionaries. Now she moved back and wants to go to church with us! It was an amazing miracle and I hope they all progress and come to church!

That’s really awesome about the regional conference you had with Elder Stevenson. Something I’ve noticed while I’ve been here is that all the talks and all the presidents of the church are starting to talk about missionary work more and more. Down here they are talking about how the work here in south America is about to explode and we as missionaries need to be ready spiritually for it. It’s been great. I love it!

Thank you so much for all the prayers! I love you all! Have a fantastic week, I know the gospel is true and that Jesus is the Christ!

Elder Ayres

Pics 1 to 3 – Pics of our area. 







Pics 4 to 6 - Me with other missionaries! And don’t worry! I got a haircut already! I just didn’t take that many pictures this week.

The little Bolivian couple in my suit lapel I got from a family forever ago. 








Translation to Portuguese

Espero que todos tenham tido uma ótima semana! Esta semana eu fui completamente fora de minha zona de conforto. Eu estou falando com todos. Eu sinto que eu preciso falar com todos. É por isso que eu coloquei no titulo sobre “Espalhar a palavra”, porque eu sei que nós só precisamos convidar a todos. Toda vez que eu não estou fazendo nada eu só começo a falar com as pessoas no ônibus, durante a caminhada, enquanto estamos falando com alguém. Eu deixo o meu companheiro, por vezes, e vou falar com alguém. Tem sido ótimo. Eu amo isso, só me faz super cansado, mas isso é bom! jaja: D Eu também tenho notado que as autoridades gerais estão começando a falar sobre compartilhar o evangelho, a obra missionária e usando o Livro de Mórmon mais e mais agora. Eu já vi na minha missão que honestamente só um convite ajuda as pessoas a virem a Cristo. É ótimo o que um convite pequeno pode fazer. Quero compartilhar uma grande escritura com todos! É Romanos 1:16:

"Porque não me envergonho do evangelho de Cristo, pois é o poder de Deus para salvação de todo aquele que crê; primeiro ao judeu, e também ao grego ".

O meu companheiro e eu temos visto milagres ao falar e convidar a todos! Eu sei que este evangelho abençoará cada pessoa no mundo! Eles só têm de escolher aceitá-lo ou não, e não sabemos se eles irão até convidá-los.

Eu tive uma entrevista com Presidente Smith esta semana e foi muito bom, eu realmente precisava disso! Agora eu só quero ir para o templo novamente. Foi muito bom, ele está feliz com o que estamos fazendo e apenas quer que continuemos trabalhando. Eu e meu companheiro temos visto milagres através do Livro de Mórmon e queremos ver mais e mais a cada dia! Por isso, estamos trabalhando tanto quanto pudermos.

Nossos investigadores atuais são Marisol, Thomas, Cynthia, Maira e Dulce. Alguns estao progredindo bem, alguns precisam de mais tempo, e alguns talvez tenhamos que deixar, mas eu oro para que cada um deles possa continuar progredindo no Evangelho. Eu e meu companheiro também tivemos um enorme milagre que aconteceu esta semana! Encontramos uma família de 9 pessoas que querem aprender o evangelho. Bem, pelo menos já sabemos que alguns deles o querem! A mãe se chama Zully, e da maneira que a conhecemos foi um milagre em si. Nós conhecemos seu filho mais velho, José, que tem 19 anos, no ônibus um dia enquanto estávamos fazendo proselitismo. Ele queria um Livro de Mórmon por isso, tomamos suas direções enquanto estávamos falando com ele. Passamos por sua casa e ele não estava em casa, mas sua mãe sim. Ela nos contou como ele estava lendo o livro no outro dia por horas e ele realmente estava gostando. Então ela nos disse que ela conheceu os missionários há 10 anos aqui em Del Viso, enquanto a capela aqui era apenas uma casa alugada! Ela disse que ia à igreja e quase foi batizada, mas ela se mudou e perdeu contato com os missionários. Agora, ela se mudou de volta e quer ir à igreja com a gente! Foi um milagre incrível e espero que ela consiga progredir e ir à igreja conosco!

Isso é realmente impressionante sobre a conferência regional que você teve com o Élder Stevenson. Algo que notei enquanto eu estive aqui é que parece que em todas as conferências e reuniões e todos as autoridades da igreja estão começando a falar sobre a obra missionária cada vez mais. Aqui eles estão falando sobre como o trabalho aqui na América do Sul está prestes a explodir e nós, como missionários precisamos estar prontos espiritualmente para ele. Tem sido ótimo. Eu amo isso!

Muito obrigado por todas as orações! Eu amo todos vocês! Tenha uma semana fantástica, eu sei que o evangelho é verdadeiro e que Jesus é o Cristo!

Elder Ayres

Fotos 1 a 3 - Pics da nossa área.

Fotos 4 a 6 - Eu com outros missionários! E não se preocupe! Eu tive um corte de cabelo já! Eu só não tirei muitas fotos nesta semana. 

O pequeno casal boliviano na lapela do meu terno eu ganhei de uma família há muito tempo atrás.



No comments:

Post a Comment