Monday, September 12, 2016

20 years old!

Hello everyone!!!

I am now 20 years old! I am no longer a teenager.

This has been a long week of reflection on this last year of my life, because this whole last year I’ve been here on my mission in Argentina. I’ve had some great time, and I’ve had some low times as well, at points I’ve felt the happiest I’ve ever been, and others I’ve felt like I’ve lost some of the things that were important to me.

Things happen while you’re out here on the mission that sometimes you just don’t expect, you never thought would happen... and honestly I’ve thought that way, I’ve felt that way, but whenever I do I always think about something my first Mission President told me, President Ayre. He said, “maybe it wasn’t in the plans, because there’s better things for you out there." We don’t know the plans, God does. He knows what’s better for us, and something that is in every plan for a male who holds the Priesthood is a mission.

I know I made no mistake coming out here on my mission. It has been the hardest time of my life out here, I’ve even cried in some points, and I don’t cry, but at the end of it all, it has also been the best experience in my life. I’m glad I’ve been able to spend this last year here in Argentina, and I can’t wait for the next year as well.

Better things are coming! :D I am learning more every day, and meeting amazing people in every area! Constitucion, Don Torcuato, and Jose C. Paz have been amazing, and I can’t wait for my other areas as well! I just work hard, it’s the only thing I can say! If you find anything similar in your life, put your trust in the Lord and blessings will come! :)

Now if only this rain would stop, it would make our job easier! jajaja: D

Always remember Mosiah 7: 19:

Therefore, lift up your heads, and rejoice, and put your trust in God, in that God who was the God of Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob; and also, that God who brought the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt, and caused that they should walk through the Red Sea on dry ground, and fed them with manna that they might not perish in the wilderness; and many more things did he do for them.

I got the package! Thank you so much for everything! I really liked everything in it, thank you! Thanks for everything! I really like the notebook with everyone’s writing in it! The pictures were really awesome too! The ties were amazing, the watches too! Thanks!

Today, like you can see in the photos, we got together with some members and played Ping-Pong and soccer in the rain! It was super fun and a good farewell for Rocio who’s going on her mission tomorrow! After, we went to eat pizza together! It was a great day! :D

Well this week we are just going to explode! As a mission we are doing something called "inundar la tierra con el libro de Mormon!" (Flood the earth with the Book of Mormon) which is that we have a goal to give out 5 Books of Mormon every day! At least 30 every week! We did it to end the week this week and it really works! We always talk to people about the Book of Mormon and we try to get as many out as we can to people who accept another visit from us! It’s going to be great and it’s really going to help the mission get better! For us as missionaries it has helped us be more focused on the Book of Mormon and share it with more people, because the Book or Mormon is really what makes the difference, so if we can get them to read, pray about and gain a testimony of the Book, they have a better chance to get baptized!

About our investigators this week, some days we got home a bit frustrated because it’s hard when people don’t keep commitments with you or don’t want to progress. This made me think of the times I didn’t give my best in my own life, but we pray and hope that we can help them progress, and we will just keep working and finding new people to help. :) So far we are working with Alexis, Liliana, Alejandro, Carolina, Alicia, Juan, and Laura.

Thank you to all those that send emails and letters for my birthday. I didn’t have time to answer all  today, but I will soon.

Thank you for everything and have a great week!

Love,
Elder Ayres

Pics 1 to 3 - We had a family home evening last Monday with investigators and an active family called the Familia Lillo!
I also felt a huge temptation this week to buy a mango.... they are expensive here but that was a really good decision I made because it was amazing!!





Pics 4 to 6 - Me and my companion.... thug life! These are pictures of Elder and Sister Anderson! They go around checking our pensions and they were close one day so they brought by my package that my mom sent me for my birthday!





Pics 7 to 9 - We had a great weekend because one, yes it was my birthday, and two because this girl, Rocio Miranda, is going on her mission tomorrow!! We had her farewell this last Sunday and tomorrow she is going to the Mission Colombia Bogota South! She has been a great friend of mine here in the area and she has also really helped us out in the missionary work here in the Ward! She accompanied us every week and was always willing to help us. She was already a missionary before she received her call, we had the chance to help her best friend Rocio Radovich learn of the gospel and get baptized! I wish her the best on her mission in Colombia!





Pics 10 to 12 - We also had a birthday party for me last Sunday after the farewell party for Rocio! Elder Scarber and I were playing the guitar and the ukulele (well him the guitar and me my ukulele) and we were singing all night long. 




La familia Lado, Rocio’s family, and la Familia Radovich made me this birthday cake too! I told them that I live in the States now but they said, "Well you were born in Brazil so this is basically how it was!" jaja We had a great night!






Pics 13 to 17 - Today for p-day we went and played ping pong and soccer at the church, then we went to eat pizza! It was great and wet because it’s been raining for so long! 

The other is Alan and me doing drunk faces while we ate lunch today! jaja He is going on his mission in a month to Mexico so I’m really happy he is doing well and helping us out too as our Ward Mission leader!










Tradução para o Português

Olá a todos!!!

Estou agora com 20 anos de idade! Eu não sou mais um adolescente.

Esta tem sido uma longa semana de reflexão sobre este último ano da minha vida, porque todo este ano passado eu estive aqui em minha missão na Argentina. Eu tive um bom ano, algumas vezes triste, bem como, em alguns pontos eu senti que foi o mais feliz que eu já tive, e alguns dias eu senti como se tivesse perdido algumas das coisas que foram importantes para mim.

Coisas acontecem enquanto estamos na missão que às vezes você apenas não espera, você nunca pensou que iria acontecer... e honestamente pensei dessa forma, eu me senti assim, mas sempre que isso vem a minha mente, eu sempre penso em algo que meu primeiro Presidente de Missão aqui me disse, o Presidente Ayre. Ele disse, "talvez não estava nos planos, porque há coisas melhores para você lá fora." Nós não sabemos os planos, Deus sabe. Ele sabe o que é melhor para nós, mas algo que está no plano para um homem que possui o sacerdócio é uma missão.

Eu sei que não cometi nenhum erro ao vir para minha missão. Tem sido os dias mais difíceis da minha vida aqui fora, eu até chorei em alguns pontos, e eu não sou de chorar, mas no final de tudo isso, esta tem sido também a melhor experiência da minha vida. Estou feliz por ter sido capaz de ter passado este ano aqui na Argentina, e eu mal posso esperar pelo próximo ano aqui também.

Coisas melhores estão chegando! :D Estou aprendendo mais a cada dia, e conhecendo pessoas incríveis em todas as áreas! Constitucion, Don Torcuato, e José C. Paz ter sido incríveis, e eu estou animado para as próximas áreas também! É só trabalhar duro, e esta é a única coisa que posso dizer! Se você está pasando por algo semelhante em sua vida, coloque a sua confiança no Senhor e as bênçãos virão! :)

Agora, se esta chuva parasse, ajudaria a fazer o nosso trabalho mais fácil! jajaja: D
Lembre-se sempre Mosiah 7: 19:

Portanto, levantai a cabeça e regozijai-vos e ponde vossa confiança em Deus, naquele Deus que foi o Deus de Abraão e Isaque e Jacó; e também naquele Deus que tirouos filhos de Israel da terra do Egito e fez com que atravessassem o Mar Vermelho em terra seca e alimentou-os com maná para que não perecessem no deserto; e muitas outras coisas fez por eles.

Eu recebi o pacote de aniversário! Muito obrigado por tudo! Eu realmente gostei de tudo no mesmo, obrigado! Obrigado por tudo! Eu realmente gostei do caderno onde todos escreveram! As fotos são incríveis! Muito obrigado!

Hoje, como você pode ver nas fotos, nos reunimos com alguns membros e jogamos pingue-pongue e futebol na chuva! Foi super divertido e uma boa despedida para Rocio quem vai para sua missão amanhã! Depois, fomos comer pizza juntos! Foi um grande dia! :D

Bem, esta semana iremos explodir! Como missão estamos fazendo algo chamado "inundar la tierra con el Libro de Mórmon!" (Inundar a Terra com o Livro de Mórmon), que é que nós temos uma meta para dar 5 Livros de Mórmon todos os dias, e pelo menos 30 a cada semana! Fizemos isso ao terminar a semana passada e realmente funciona! Sempre falamos com as pessoas sobre o Livro de Mórmon e damos um exemplar do livro a todos que aceitam uma segunda visita nossa! Tem sido ótimo e realmente está ajudando a missão a melhorar! Para nós, como missionários, tem nos ajudado a estarmos mais centrados no Livro de Mórmon e compartilhá-lo com mais pessoas, porque o Livro ou Mórmon é realmente o que faz a diferença, por isso, se convidarmos as pessoas a ler, orar e adquirir um testemunho do Livro, eles terão uma melhor chance de serem batizados!

Sobre nossos investigadores nesta semana, alguns dias chegamos em casa um pouco frustrados porque é difícil quando as pessoas não mantêm compromissos com você ou não querem progredir. Isso me fez pensar em minha própria vida sobre as vezes que não fiz meu melhor, mas oramos e espero que possamos ajudá-los a progredir, e vamos continuar trabalhando e encontrando novas pessoas que possamos ajudar. :) Neste momento estamos trabalhando com Alexis, Liliana, Alejandro, Carolina, Alicia, Juan, e Laura.

Obrigado a todos aqueles que me enviaram e-mails e cartas de aniversário. Eu não tive tempo para responder a todos hoje, mas irei em breve.

Obrigado por tudo e tenham uma ótima semana!

Com amor,
Elder Ayres

Fotos 1 a 3 - Tivemos uma noite familiar na última segunda-feira com alguns investigadores e uma família ativa chamada Familia Lillo!
Também senti uma enorme tentação esta semana para comprar uma manga .... elas são caras aqui, mas foi realmente uma boa decisão que tomei, porque estava incrivelmente deliciosa!

Fotos 4 a 6 - Eu e meu companheiro .... vida bandida! Estas são imagens do casal de missionários, Elder e Sister Anderson! Eles visitam as nossas pensões checando limpeza e organização e eles estavam perto um dia então eles trouxeram pra mim o meu pacote que minha mãe me enviou para o meu aniversário!

Fotos 7 a 9 - Tivemos um grande fim de semana porque um, sim, era meu aniversário, :P e dois, porque esta moça, Rocio Miranda, estará indo para sua missão amanhã!! Tivemos sua despedida neste último domingo e amanhã ela vai para a Missão Colômbia Bogotá Sul! Ela tem sido uma grande amiga minha aqui na área e ela também tem realmente nos ajudado no trabalho missionário aqui na Ala! Ela nos acompanhou todas as semanas e estava sempre disposta a nos ajudar. Ela já era uma missionária antes de receber seu chamado, nós tivemos a chance de ajudar sua melhor amiga Rocio Radovich a aprender sobre o evangelho e ser batizada! Desejo-lhe o melhor em sua missão na Colômbia!

Fotos 10 a 12 - Também tivemos uma festa de aniversário para mim no último domingo após a festa de despedida para Rocio! Elder Scarber e eu estávamos a tocar guitarra e ukulele (bem, ele tocou a guitarra e eu toquei meu ukulele) e estávamos cantando durante toda a noite com a familia Lado, a família de Rocio, que juntamente com a Familia Radovich, me fizeram este bolo de aniversário também! Eu disse a eles que eu vivo nos Estados Unidos agora, mas eles disseram: "Bem, você nasceu no Brasil, então vai ser assim mesmo!" jaja Tivemos uma grande noite!

Fotos 13 a 17 - Hoje para nosso p-day jogamos pingue-pongue e futebol na igreja! Foi ótimo e tudo molhado porque tem chovido por tanto tempo! Aqui está uma foto de nós comendo pizza hoje!

A outra é Alan e eu fazendo caretas de bêbados enquanto almoçamos hoje! jaja Ele também estará indo para sua missão em um mês para o México por isso estou muito feliz que ele está bem e ajudando-nos com muito como nosso líder da Obra Missionária da Ala!






No comments:

Post a Comment